Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Joy instead of mourning

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me in any way during my time here in Mexico.

These past couple weeks have been full of meetings, classes, studying, grading, working, ministry and tons of little details that fill in the gaps of time.
Usually during times like this I get tired and grouchy. But I really believe that God is fulfilling the verse that he gave me for this season of my life in Mexico
Isaiah 61:1-3 
"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."
Before I left for Mexico I asked God for a verse to dwell on and think about as I go through my year here. I believe that God has been so faithful to turn mourning into joy, in myself and to the people that I am able to encounter. 

Doing what God has called me to has filled me in inexpressible joy even though it is tiring. People have come up to me and told me that they can see that I am growing in joy and peace. They say that because of the work that God is doing in me they see my ministry is becoming fruitful. I believe that a lot of that joy has been present because of the prayers of my friends and family. Prayer is such a vital part to the ministry I am doing here and without I would wilt. 
So thank so much for praying for me. 


Prayer requests: 
Increased joy and peace 
Healing from sickness (there is a flu going around the missionary base) 

No comments:

Post a Comment