Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Another year in mexico (short version)

In a week I leave Michigan to go back to Mexico. While being home I've had the chance to relax, work and travel to Canada for a week to visit friends from my DTS and also to photograph the wedding of two of my friends. You can see the photographs from the wedding here . My time home has gone by very quickly and I'm sad to leave my family but very excited to see what this next school year will bring.
If my newsletter was too long to read, that's ok. Here is the short version...

I'm going back to mexico to keep working with the CSBS. I will be on staff with the school, my responsibilities will be grading, mentoring and teaching students the bible. I learned so much about the faithfulness and grace of God than I ever knew before and I'm so excited to be able to see the transformation that is going to happen in each students lives.
On the side of working with the school I also will be working with a ministry that serves in the red light district of Tijuana. There we serve soup in a park to the homeless while a smaller group does a prayer walk through Zona Norte. God is moving in powerful ways in the city of Tijuana and it's amazing to be a part of this ministry.
I have been blessed by so many of my friends and family's support in this. Though I am still in need of monthly monetary support. I know that as I am preparing for a year of ministry oversees, having a strong base of supporters is vital to my ministry in Tijuana, Mexico. Starting in September and lasting through July (10 months), I am in need of both spiritual and monetary support. Financially, I am in need of $500-600 of support per month, which covers all of my expenses in Mexico. At the moment I have been blessed with funds enough to get me through the first couple months of living.
                If you are interested in being my supporter there is a donation button on the right of this page. I'm seeking monthly and one time supporters. If you would like more information you can send me an email at nicole.hope35@gmail.com. I hope to be able to send out weekly prayer request and monthly updates during my stay in Mexico.

Thanks for reading friends!
Nicole 

No comments:

Post a Comment