Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

In honor of the 5th

Hello my friends,
I can't say much right now, I am coming to the end of my all-nighter and I'm a bit tired. But today is the 5th of november and it is a day to be remembered.




I've always loved the movie V for Vendetta and thankfully I'm with a friend here in mexico that loves the move too, so we will be watching it tonight. A few of my favorites quotes from the movie...





V- His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot. 

Evey- That the world needs more than just a building right now. It needs hope. 

Gordon- You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it. 

V- Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. 

Evey- Who are you? 
V- Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask. 
Evey- Well I can see that. 
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is. 

Evey- He used to say that artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover the truth up. 

V- A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having! 

V-People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Valerie- Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free




Have a happy 5th!




No comments:

Post a Comment