Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Does that put the fear of God in you?

I don't know why but I keep putting this blog update off. I have tried a couple times to write one but then never get very far because so much is going on that I just don't know where to start or where to end.
Now I know, putting it off doesn't help because then more goes in my life that I would like to write about. And now there is over a months worth of things that I would like to share with you! Don't worry, I won't go crazy and will stick to some of the main things that have affected me.

After Christmas break the CSBS students started their studies on the infamous Prophets of the Bible. The school has had an amazing line up of teachers to help bring these unclear and baffling books to life.

Ron Smith, the founder of the SBS, was one of those amazing teachers that really brought understanding to the books of Isaiah and Ezekiel. One of his favorite lines being "Does that not put the fear of God in you?". His point always being "Everything you do teaches", which is not something that's easy to live by. For some reason most people (myself included) like to believe that no one is watching them or that no one is affected by what they do. I'm finding that to be far from the truth, and that truly everything I do teaches. The times that I'm in front of the class teaching, or mentoring students doesn't teach as much as my actions in day to day life. People are paying attention to if I complain while doing dishes. Girls will be listening to see how I talk about my body or others. It's those day to day things that have the greatest impact on those around me.

I taught on the book of Nahum, which speaks on the judgment of God against the evil city of Nineveh. I had great time teaching and I'm finding it easier each time to stand in front of the class and teach. The book of Nahum challenged me to really think on how much of my life am I really giving to God. Am I prideful because I am a missionary and already giving a lot of my life to God? Or am I striving to give the best I have to God?

These past 8 weeks have been quite a journey for everyone in the bible school spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. Its been heavy work load and a lot of deep messages that go straight to the heart. The students here are determined to make it through and it's been incredible to see the ways that God is speaking to them through the hardest part of the school.

Thank you everyone for reading!
Nicole


1 comment: